Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hands Across California: We did it!

Hands Across California is over.

Not gonna lie. I feel a little empty. LOL I need a new project, quick! It waas absolutely amazing to be part of something like this. The checkpoint I went to (Saddleback College) was pretty quiet--I think about 60 people came out there. But other checkpoints along the route had 350-400 show up to support education. The numbers are still coming in, but it's already in the tens of thousands of people for the turnout. I had an amazing time working on this; it was a great feeling standing up for something that's important to me and being part of something that was bigger than me. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

Unfortunately, I got very little feedback from my friends--a whopping one person came out with Jordan and me to stand in line with us--but it was great to be around other people who felt the way I did. To those of you who didn't make it, don't worry. You have until June 30 to text HANDS to 27722 to make your $10 to the Scholarship Endowment and you'll be reading plenty of it on my Facebook, Twitter and blog. So there's still time to join and support the cause! :)

Here are some pictures from today:

Jordan sportin' his Hands Across California T-shirt

Us hangin' out, waiting for people to come out. :)


Part of the line!
Part of the group that came out!
Us in front of the "Worth Living For" wall
Jordan wants to skydive naked before he dies. ;) I wrote that I wanted to write the next great American novel. :)

Well I'm off to bed. I'm sportin' some lovely sunburns on my feet of all places. It looks like I'm still wearing my sandals even though I'm not. The joys of having your Swiss genes win out over the Sicilian side of your family. Sighhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment