Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music Challenge: Days 6-10

Alright, well I don't think it counts as slacking off if you're without Internet access for the past four days. One might suggest I could've used my phone, but unfortunately I have an LG Piece of Crap that barely functions. I'm counting down the days until my contract is up with Verizon and I can switch over to Sprint. Only two months left.

OK, so here I go with the Catch-Up Game. Regular post to follow. :)

Day 6: A song that reminds me of somewhere

This is an Italian song that I learned in music class when I lived in Porza. There's one line in it: "Sono sempre pronti/a giudicare tutto quello che fai./Come ti vesti/e con chi ti incontrerai." Roughyl translated, it means: "They're always ready to judge everything you do: how you dress and who you're friends with." That pretty much described my classmates down to a T. I loved living there but the Swiss are extremely judgemental towards any foreigners that don't leave when the tourist season ends. The name of the group/singer is 883 (Otto Otto Tre). Enjoy! Every time I hear that song, I think of being in my old room in Porza, blasting it as loud as my CD player would go whenever I was pissed off about something that happened at school.


Day 7: A song that reminds me of a certain event

When I was...five? Six? However old you are when you're in Kindergarten, my mom and dad went to a Dinner/Dance party and when my mom explained to me what that was, I told her that I wanted to have one for my friends. So we decided to have a Valentine's Day party. The theme was a 50's Sock Hop and I had the poodle skirt and saddle shoes to boot. We invited my entire class and their families, my uncle DJ'd and it is probably one of my favorite childhood memories. There's a video of it somewhere, but whenever I hear "Rockin Robin" by Bobby Day, it always makes me think of my mom and my aunt gettin' down on the dance floor to that song. :) Good times.


Day 8: A song I know all the words to

Well shoot, just about every song on Go Country 105 or K-Earth 101! LOL. Let's see... OK, let's go foreign again. This is by far the funniest song I think I've ever heard, just because Italian rap sounds hilarious to me. It's called "Cosi e Cosa" by Articolo 31. Baaaaasically, it's this guy listing all the places he'd like to have sex with his girlfriend, from the elevator to a train to the top of a volcano. You may not understand it, but...C'mon. It's rap. In Italian. Does it get any better than that?!?

 

Day 9: A song that I can dance to

Dancing. I looooove dancing. Please note that by saying this I am not also stating that I'm good at it. But after a couple drinks, I stop being self conscious and other people stop caring. LOL Well I'll go with old faithful. This is Jordan's and my Vegas song. We hear it at least once on a Vegas trip, whether it's on the drive there, or at a club, or from a car driving by with its windows down... It's "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. If it just so happens that we're close to a dance floor the moment I hear those opening bars, I am on said dance floor in a split second. I'm pretty sure we'll play it at some point at our wedding, too. It fits. LOL

Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep

That's kinda hard since I don't really like listening to music to fall asleep. I can't even say any classical music since that's what I listen to when I do homework. Ummm, well I'll go with "Moon River", sung by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. As much as I love that movie, I always, without fail, fall asleep at some point in time during that movie if I watch it at night. So...I'll go with that association.


Whew! I'm caught up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment