Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Writer's Block & School Musings

AGH!!!!!!  Seriously the worst two words ever invented. I'm sure a writer created the term and I really wish they had come up with some that sounded a little less daunting. No examples come to mind, but I'm fairly certain that just thinking the term 'writer's block' makes the condition worse for writers. So that's pretty much where I'm at right now.

It absolutely kills me. I have a brilliant idea, which started out beautifully but I seem to have hit a wall at about 90 mph. I was really trying to wrap it up before school started, but thanks to this little setback, I doubt that will actually happen now. Ugh. So very frustrating, but I've learned that if I'm having trouble, I shouldn't force it because then it won't turn out the way I wanted. So I'm going to set it aside, let it rest for a little while and come back to it when the dreaded WB has passed.

Speaking of school, we're down to the very last week of Winter Break. I feel like it's been ages since I had any classes, papers, exams, quizzes... I'm so looking forward to going back... This month and a half off of school has confirmed for me that I really do not want to spend the rest of my life answering calls in a call center. Ultimately, I hope to work for a publishing house as an editor. That way I can spend my days doing two of my favoritest things in the world: reading and correcting people's grammar!

My dreaded Liberal Arts Math class begins next week, however. Cue horror movie music. I'm hoping that they call it "Liberal Arts" math, it's a course designed specifically for people who are pursuing degrees in the liberal arts field and want absolutely nothing to do with math. Maybe it will be a bit easier than the courses, say, an aspiring engineer would be taking. I've already informed Jordan and my mom that if I manage to pull off an A in that class, I expect a party and a parade. ;)

OK, well what was initially supposed to be a short post turned into a rambling one. So back I go to answering the same questions over and over again as the phones keep ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment