Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 4: Music Challenge

Day 4 is a song that makes me sad. I'm going to go with "The Christmas Song", which everyone knows as the "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" song, by Nat King Cole. I'm not really sure why, but everytime I hear it, it makes me miss New Jersey and my friends and family over there. There wasn't one Christmas in particular where I listened to that song over and over and over again so it is forever connected to Jersey in my mind. I think it's just because it makes me think of the 'perfect' Christmas: snow outside, fire in the fireplace, house packed with family. Out in California, it's just my mom and my aunt as far as family is concerned. My other aunts and uncles and cousins are all back east and I would love to be able to spend Christmas with all of them again one year, especially now that Stella is born and we have a new baby cousin in the family. The last time we spent a Christmas back east, I was fourteen years old. In any case, this song always gets me a little teary-eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment