Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Alive

Today is my first day of re-entry into human society. On Superbowl Sunday--in Vegas--I woke up with a nasty cough and sinus headache and did not feel well at all. That, combined with a few other factors, led us to watch the Superbowl in our hotel room with me huddled under two blankets with a hoodie on.

I was up all Sunday night coughing. And not just any coughing. The kind of coughing where it sounds like there's broken glass in my chest.

Monday I just felt like all the energy had been sucked out of me. I slept most of the four-hour drive home. I had every intention of going to class that night anyway (Speech, no less), but by the time we got home, I felt 100x worse. Took my temperature, yup: 102.5 Awesome. Didn't go to class.

Called out of work Tuesday. Didn't get out bed all day. Called out of work yesterday. Got out of bed at four o'clock to actually unpack from Vegas, take a shower, and eat some dinner.

Today I'm back to work but it still sounds like I have broken glass in my chest when I cough.

PS. Jordan was sooooo sweet while I was sick. He packed everything for me in Vegas so all I had to do was roll out of bed and into the truck when we left AND he brought me dinner in bed on Tuesday night (chicken noodle soup). Awwww.

Our Valentine's Day dinner is tomorrow night. I better be healthy by then.

1 comment:

  1. feel better, i actually just posted and was concerned of your whereabouts lately. valentine's day is better when it's not on valentine's day anyway - way too much is made over it.

    chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side

    ReplyDelete