Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Corporate Secretary Barbie, Carpooling, Bad Country Music

I feel like Barbie today.

Which is strange because I'm not wearing pink and I didn't drive a plastic pink convertible to work from my pink cardboard mansion. I'm pretty sure it's the ponytail and the bangs. It may not make sense, but I feel like Barbie. Maybe Corporate Secretary Barbie, complete with legal pad and glasses.

Jordan and I carpooled to work today. That's the benefit of working in the same office as the person you live with. Some people say that they could never work with their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, but it's actually not that bad. At work, we barely acknowledge each other. I mean, yes, we talk. But we don't go skipping down the halls, holding hands and making googly eyes at each other and not once have we attempted anything in the copy room. At work, it's work. We don't go to lunch together every day (on occasion, we do) and we work in completely different departments so at the end of the day, it still sometimes feels like we haven't seen or talked to each other at all. Plus, you can save a shitload of money on gas carpooling, especially now that gas is slowly creeping towards $4.00/gallon. It's $3.65 at the Shell station right by our office. $3.65!! Those gas tycoons are loving it right now. Jerks.

So anyway. He flips on K-Roq to listen to the Kevin and Bean Show and the first sentence we hear after flipping to that radio station is Kevin going, "Country music bah-lows." Seeing how this is a constant topic up for debate in our household, Jordan immediately made it louder and started laughing. Now, I will admit that some country songs are just horrendous. But then again, some pop songs are horrendous. Some rock songs are horrendous. Some punk songs are horrendous. Some hip hop songs are horrendous... You get my point. I just don't know why people pick on country so much... Kevin did compile a list of country titles that are true, honest-to-God songs and I'm pretty sure these contribute to the bad wrap country music has:

I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim is Getting Better
Her Teeth Were Stained But Her Heart Was Pure
She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft
She Got the Ring, I Got the Finger
Brown Chicken, Brown Cow
(not the worst title, but if you listen to it...Yeah...Pretty bad.)
I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed
I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life
I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck
If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All on You

I'm fairly certain that these are all old, old old country songs and I will freely admit that these titles make me cringe they're so bad. But, I mean, they are kinda funny, no? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment