Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Temecula-Bound: Wine Tasting Take 2

Every time I hear someone say "I can transfer you to the Exchange program if you'd like", I just want to put my phone on "meeting" and hide under my desk. I heard that doing something 10,000 times makes you an expert at it. I wonder if, over the three and a half years that I've been doing this, I've taken 10,000 calls and could now be considered an expert exchange agent? Hmmm. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

So. Dawn has broken on another day and the calendar has switched over to Feb 15th. The dreaded Valentine's Day has been over for the past seven hours and thirty-three minutes. Has everyone survived? I got home after a grueling day of work and class around 10:00 last night. Jordan had already gone to bed, but he left a little Valentine's Day surprise on the counter for me. Even more chocolate (the key to my heart...lol), lots of those little candy hearts that say things on them (you know, the "B MINE" etc), a super sweet card that made me cry a little bit and a gift certificate for a 2-day, 1-night "Vino Getaway" in Temecula. Hurray for wine tasting! I wish we could go this weekend, but that won't work out. Perhaps the next. We'll see.

Last time we went to Temecula was in July or August, I think. We hit up four different wineries and did tastings of four or five different wines at each place. Well. Even though those glasses are just a few sips, by the time four o'clock rolled around, I was a bit ska-shod (a word that either my mom or dad made up, which means 'messed up'. It wasn't necessarily invented with inebriated or intoxicated connotations, but it works for this situation). We went back to the hotel room to take a quick nap because we wanted to check out Temecula at night and see if anything was shakin'. Well, that nap turned into an all-night kind of nap. So hopefully this time I'll pace myself a bit better.

I haven't written anything for the papers lately. It's been fairly quiet and I haven't seen any assignments go out. This makes me sad. The last articles I wrote were at the very beginning of January and I don't quite know what to do with myself on Sundays with no articles to write and no deadlines to meet! Hopefully it was start picking up soon. I've pitched a lot of ideas to my editor but they've all been No-Go's. Sigh.

Well. Time to get to work. I have vocab words to study for my Legal Procedures class tonight. Woo... >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment