Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 5: Music Challenge

Day 5 is supposed to be a song that reminds me of someone. You know, there are a million songs that can fit each and every of these 30 categories, but as soon as I have to sit and think of one, I forget them all. It's rather frustrating. Hmmm...

So I'm going to go with "You're Unbelievable" by EMF. It's from the Coyote Ugly soundtrack. It may not have been the greatest movie ever made, but it was my movie with my three best friends in New Jersey, freshman year of high school. Catie, Casey, Katelyn and I lived and breathed that movie for practically the entire year. We each assumed a character (I was Jersey, "the Jersey Dreamer"; Catie was Rachel, "the NY Bitch"; Casey was Cammie, "the Russian Tease"; and Katelyn was Lil, "the Boss") and could quote that movie back and forth without even trying. Yes, slightly obsessed, but we were fifteen years old, so give us a break.

You better believe that when I went on my first real trip to Las Vegas (and met Katelyn and her now-husband there), we hit up Coyote Ugly in New York, New York and danced on that bar until our stilletto'd feet couldn't hold us up anymore. So now, every time I hear this song--along with pretty much any song from that movie--I immediately text at least one of the girls to tell them that the song is playing and it reminded me of them.

So, without further ado, I give you "You're Unbelievable" by EMF:

No comments:

Post a Comment